Frequently asked questions
Q: What is Included?
A: The instrument comes with everything that you need to play and look after it – the carry
case, mouthpiece, a mouthpiece comfort patch, a neck strap, cork grease and a NEW reed of your choice.
Q: How long can I hire for?
A: There is a minimum hire period of 3 months; there is no maximum hire period.
Q: What happens after month 3?
You can either:
1. continue to hire the instrument on a monthly basis;
2. return the instrument and the deposit will be refunded (subject to condition);
3. return the instrument and hire a different one for a minimum period of 3 months;
4. buy the instrument or another instrument of the same or higher value. with the option to sell it back to us at any time.
Q: How do I cancel my rental contract?
A: You can cancel your rental contract at any time after the initial 3 month period. You can
1) Contact us to arrange a convenient time to personally return the instrument back to
us - we will cancel the contract whilst you wait and refund your deposit (subject to condition);
or 2) Contact us to request a courier collection at a cost to you of between £15 and £29 depending on the instrument - on receipt of the instrument we will cancel the agreement and refund the balance of your deposit (subject to condition)
These are examples of the 3 most popular instrument that we supply, a new Yamaha YAS-280 alto sax which is the sax most teachers recommend, a new Alphasax which is ideal for smaller children and a new Trevor James Horn:
New Yamaha YAS-280 alto sax
1. Rent for £28pm with the first month rent free. This means that you can hire it for 2 x £28 = £56 for 3 months); or
2. Buy for £850 with the option to sell it back to us for £850 less £25pm depreciation. There is a minimum term of 3 months but no maximum period (eg a refund of £775 within 3 months, £750 within 4 months etc).
New Trevor James Alphasax with harness and Yamaha 4c mouthpiece worth £35 (ideal for smaller children with limited reach around the side keys)
1. Rent for £25pm or
2. Outright purchase for £545 with the option to sell it back to us for £545 less £20pm depreciation. There is a minimum term of 3 months but no maximum period (eg a refund of £485 within 3 months, £465 within 4 months etc).
New Trevor James Horn alto sax
1. Rent for £30pm or
2. Outright purchase for £625 with the option to sell it back to us for £625 less £25pm depreciation. There is a minimum term of 3 months but no maximum period (eg a refund of £550 within 3 months, £525 within 4 months etc).
Please contact us to discuss your requirements if you have another instrument in mind.